Friday, February 18, 2011

Sign of spring!!

On Thursday afternoon when I arrived home after work, I got out of my van and heard the most wonderful noise to my ears. A sweet chirping sound. I looked up at our tree, then to the neighbors and finally I fixed my eyes on the tree across the street. There, high above the roof tops perched 5 big orange breasted robins, singing there sweet song. I could not believe my eyes. I have never seen a robin this early, let alone 5 on February 17th!!! I just stood there staring up at those beautiful spring awakening birds and listened to their sweet melody. I go absolutely crazy when I see my "first robin" of spring. I called Dave and proclaimed that I had seen five robins and then texted my kids. I am so happy that I took the time to look around and see God's gift. What a blessing.

And today when I arrived home, there sitting in our front tree, was a beautiful cardinal singing his sweet song to his mate who was perched in our neighbors bush. Spring is definitely upon us and with it brings the warmer temperatures, green grass, light weight jackets, daffodil bouquets and a smile to your face. I do realize that the weather forecast is calling for a chance of snow on Sunday, but God has definitely given us a taste of spring.

These are just a few more gifts that I have added to my list of One Thousand Gifts. What gifts have you found? I would love to hear from you.

Blessings,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment