Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Path

For the past 9 months I have felt God leading, calling and directing me to work in Women's Ministry and not to become a Local Pastor. At first I was hesitant because this is not what "I" had planned. You see, for a long time I have felt God calling me into ministry and for more than three years I have been focused on becoming a pastor in a church. I graduated from the School for Lay Ministry, completed all of the requirements of becoming a Certified Candidate and went through the various interviews and meetings, so I believed that the path that I was on would lead me straight into the pulpit of a church. But as many of you know God has a plan for us that takes it's own twists and turns and we find ourselves doing something completely different than what we had envisioned.

So over the past few months I have continued to lead women's retreats and I started a Thursday night Women's Bible Study and I have loved every minute of it. I now know that God's path is the right path for me. Every morning after I do my devotion and read my Bible, I pray to God that he will lead me and guide me down this path that he has intended for me, I pray that he will bring people into my life who will help me and to open the doors so that I may go through them without any obstacles or challenges.

Yesterday, I received a call from an acquaintance who wanted to discuss something with me. She has been working in women's ministry for the past few years and I have respected her work for quite sometime. I couldn't wait to hear what she wanted to tell me and I wasn't disappointed. She told me that God had placed my name on her mind along with a few other women who she is asking to be part of a leadership team for a new ministry she is starting. I can't really share much about it because I haven't given her an answer yet but I was so excited that she called and asked me. I'm taking this week to pray about it before I give her my answer.

Please pray that God will place his answer on my heart as to what I should do and please pray for this new ministry. It is a ministry that will touch the hearts and lives of women in this area, will help women grow in their faith and their relationship with God and will help to give them the support they need in their lives.

Blessings,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment