Monday, February 21, 2011

God's gifts and blessings

It takes the eye to see and the mind to know and the faith to feel all the blessings around us. Those gifts from God that we sometimes overlook when we are hurried and frenzied. Those gifts that over time can add up to a life of joy, if only we look for them and focus on the light that surrounds each one. God's gifts are given freely, as is his grace and when we thank God for those gifts and his grace in our lives, then our souls and our spirits will radiate the joy that only can be received from God.

Today I receive these gifts from God with a thankful heart:

~ the song from our resident cardinal and his mate
~ the light shining on the sanctuary cross
~ a cup of hot coffee on a cold morning
~ snowflakes gently falling from the sky
~ the life of a friend who is now with her Lord and Savior

Blessings,
Jill

4 comments:

  1. Joining you from Ann's today.. I love your list....and am sorry that you lost a friend, but rejoice with you, as she is now sitting in front of our Lord!

    Rebecca
    momsmustardseeds.blogspot.com

    PS...praying for God's work through the women's ministry you have been asked to help with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I took the time to hop over to yours and was touched by your list and the pictures of your family. Thank you for the prayers for the new ministry. I am still trying to discern if it is what God wants me to do.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. A peace-filled list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m visiting from Ann’s today. I know it’s Wednesday – but there are so many!!

    Amen – the gifts go so unnoticed if we don’t look. I’m glad you’re looking :)

    I always pick a favorite - and my favorite of yours today was - ~ snowflakes gently falling from the sky (this was on my list a couple of weeks ago – not the blizzard-y angry snow – but the gently falling snowflakes :)

    God Bless you and all of yours this day.

    ReplyDelete